Veteran annuity payment

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts offers through its Executive Office of Veterans' Services an annuity payment of $2,000 which is paid in two installments in February and August of each year.

Please be aware that NEW applications for an August payment must be received and approved by EOVS June 30th in any given year. NEW Applications for a February payment must be received and approved by EOVS by December 31st in any given year

This annuity is given in recognition of the service of our distinguished 100% service-connected disabled veterans and to the parents of distinguished veterans (Gold Star Parents) and the unmarried spouses (Gold Star Wives or Husbands) of distinguished veterans who gave their lives in the service of their country during wartime.

Eligible applicants should meet the following criteria:


  • Meets one of the service time requirements set forth in M.G.L. ch.4, s.7, cl.43, M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6A, and 108 CMR 3.03.
  • Has received a discharge from military service under other than dishonorable conditions.
  • Is a resident of Massachusetts at the time of applying for the annuity and continues to be a resident of the Commonwealth as per M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6A.
  • Meets the requirements for blindness, paraplegia, double amputation or other disability set forth in M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6B and so certified by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Proof of service and disability shall be furnished to the Commissioner as per M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6C.

Parent or Spouse

  • Death of veteran must be service-connected.
  • Parent/spouse must reside in the Commonwealth and must continue to reside in Massachusetts from the date of application and while in receipt of the annuity payments.
  • Spouses must not be remarried.

If you are an eligible family member (parents or un-remarried spouses) who lost a loved one due to COVID-19 while they were residing at either of the Commonwealth’s Soldiers’ Homes, you may file an application for the survivor annuity benefit. Please contact VetsAnnuity@Mass.Gov or call 857-348-3208.

How to Apply

All applicants must complete the Annuity Application packet.

There are four ways to apply for the Annuity.

  1. Electronically through DocuSign (strongly recommended) 
  2. By Email
  3. By Mail
  4. By your local Veterans Service Officer (click here to find your local VSO)
Before you apply, please have the following documents ready to be submitted with the application.
  • Certificate of Discharge or Release from Active Service (Member 4 DD Form 214 w/Character of Services)
  • VA Rating Decision
  • Death Certificate or Casualty Report of Deceased Veteran
  • Birth Certificate of Deceased Veteran (parent application only)
  • Marriage Certificate (spouse application only)
  • VA/DIC Rating Decision (spouse applicant only)

To Apply Electronically (Strongly Recommended

Annuity Application Packet for Veterans, Spouses, and Parents

To Apply through Email and Mail

Annuity Application Packet in PDF form for Veterans, Spouses, and Parents 

Email Annuity Application Packet to VetsAnnuity@Mass.Gov


Mail to:

Executive Office of Veterans’ Services
Attn: Annuities
600 Washington St., 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02111

If you are already receiving the Annuity and would like to change your banking information, you can do this either electronically, by email, or mail.

    Direct Deposit (Electronic Funds Transfer) Form

    If you are already receiving the Annuity and would like to change your address information, you can do this either electronically, by email, or mail.

    IRS W-9 Form

    If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email the Executive Office of Veterans' Services Annuity Department at VetsAnnuity@Mass.Gov or call 617-210-5480.
    You may also feel free to contact your local Veteran Service Office. Please click here to find one in your city or town.

    Help Us Improve with your feedback