Job search help for Veterans
Veterans' employment representatives (VERs) are state employees located in the state's MassHire Career Centers. Their job is to:
- Help you organize your job search
- Work with you to design your own personal employment plan, a comprehensive and flexible way to help you manage your job search
- Assist you with writing your resume
- Help you to develop your job leads
Visit your nearest MassHire Career Center to talk to a veterans' specialist. You can also look for job leads in the state and across the country through MassHire JobQuest.
Veterans' employment representatives also:
- Supervise services to Veterans including counseling, testing, and identifying training and employment opportunities
- Monitor federal job listings to see that eligible veterans get priority referrals
- Promote participation in federally-funded employment and training programs
- Work with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to identify Veterans who need work-specific prosthetic devices, sensory aids or other special equipment
- Contact community leaders, employers, unions, training programs, and veterans' service organizations to be sure eligible veterans get the services to which they are entitled
For more information about United States Department of Labor employment and training programs for Veterans, contact the Veterans' Employment and Training Service office nearest you.