PACE provides comprehensive medical care and supportive services. The goal of PACE is to provide services that will allow you to remain safely in the community and in your home for as long as possible.
PACE care and services
Care and services include:
- Medical care, provided by your PACE doctor familiar with your history, needs and preferences
- Primary and specialty medical care
- Specialty care, including audiology, dentistry, optometry, podiatry, and speech therapy
- Physical and occupational therapies
- Nutritional counseling with a Registered Dietitian
- Personal care
- Home health care and in-home services
- All necessary prescription drugs
- Social services
- Respite care
- Hospital and nursing home care when necessary
- Emergency care*
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Transportation to the health center and medical appointments
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Family caregiver support, and
- 24-hour emergency access to medical staff.
PACE also includes all other services determined necessary by the Interdisciplinary Team to improve and maintain your health.
* With the exception of emergency care, once you are enrolled in PACE, all the care you receive must be approved by your Interdisciplinary Team. If you receive care that is not approved by your Interdisciplinary Team you may be held financially responsible for services.
NOTE: You can leave PACE at any time. Enrollment and disenrollment usually occur at the beginning of each month.