Some eligibility requirements have been waived due to COVID-19.
Employers who are unable to submit their application should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 626-5521 for help.
- You must be up-to-date with your unemployment insurance contributions
- You cannot have a negative reserve balance
- You must have filed employment and wage detail reports
- You must be a Massachusetts company (a small or large company, nonprofit, or government agency)
- Your employees must be permanent full-time or part-time workers (seasonal and temporary employees may not take part in the plan)
- You must develop a WorkShare plan and apply for approval
- Your WorkShare plan must include:
- The reduction in hours (between 10% and 60%)
- The number of employees affected by the plan (must be at least 2 employees)
- The duration of the plan (can't be more than 52 weeks)
- You must continue to provide the same health insurance and retirement benefits to affected employees
- The union must agree to the WorkShare plan if employees are covered by collective bargaining