This toolkit provides tools and resources for Massachusetts schools, community-based organizations, and providers who are working to address the use of e-cigarettes and other vaping products by youth. It outlines opportunities for action that can be taken by various school and community-based organization staff, along with resources and tools to help.
- This page, Get Outraged! Toolkit, is offered by
- Department of Public Health
Tool Kit Get Outraged! Toolkit
|Organization:||Department of Public Health|
|Date published:||October 5, 2021|
Are you tackling the problem of youth vaping?
In Massachusetts, 51.2% of high school students have tried electronic vapor products, and 32% currently use these products (2019 MA Youth Health Survey). Nearly 15% of middle school students have tried electronic vapor products (2019 MA Youth Health Survey).
What is NEW! (September 2021)
- Facts. No Filters. – A new campaign for youth about the dangers of vaping.
- Nurse’s Guide – To help school nurses have conversations with their students about vaping. Includes topics to cover and sample scripts.
- Youth Quit Vaping Brochure – Created as a companion piece to the Nurse’s Guide, a brochure for youth to check their vaping, reasons for quitting, and resources and tips to quit (English and Spanish).
- Want to Help Your Teen Quit Vaping/Using Tobacco? – This flyer is for parents/guardians of teens and provides information on signs of nicotine addiction, how to talk with their teens about the issue, free resources to help them quit, and ways to support them through their quit journey.
- Massachusetts Anti Vaping Curriculum Resource Guide – In 2019, the Massachusetts Action Coalition received an award from the National Campaign for Action to create a statewide, evidenced-based, adaptable, developmentally appropriate curriculum on the impact of vaping on student health and wellness for grades 6-12. The guide focuses on curricula which include lessons and activities intended for classroom use.
Table of Contents
- E-Cigarettes and Other Vaping Products
- Get Outraged! and Facts. No Filters
- Information About Student Vaping for School Administrators
- Information About Student Vaping for Curriculum Coordinators, Health Educators,…
- Information About Youth Vaping for Healthcare Providers
- Resources to Help Youth Quit E-Cigarettes or Other Tobacco Products
Open DOCX file, 1.86 MB, for Get Outraged Toolkit (English, DOCX 1.86 MB)
Open PDF file, 680.1 KB, for Get Outraged Toolkit (English, PDF 680.1 KB)
Main (617) 624-5900
Complaint line (800) 992-1895
250 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02108-4619
Boston, MA 02108-4619