More about:

Abuse Prevention Orders for Plaintiffs

The abuse prevention law (Chapter 209A) is there to protect you against someone who is abusing you.

The abuse prevention law allows you to seek a court order, which is sometimes called a 209A order, an abuse prevention order, restraining order, or a protective order. In court, the plaintiff is the person who requests the court to issue the order.



Tell us what you think