This page, What would you like to do?, is part of

What would you like to do?

Showing results

Apply for a dental license 

Looking to get your initial dental license? Apply here. This application is not for dental hygienists, dental assistants, limited license dental interns, or limited license dental faculty licenses.

Renew your dental license and permits 

You can renew your dental license and permits online at the same time.

Check a health profession license 

You can check the status of a health profession license, permit, certification, or Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration (MCSR) online.

Apply for an individual anesthesia & sedation permit 

To administer anesthesia, sedation and/or nitrous oxide-oxygen, dentists must hold the appropriate individual permit. Apply here. This page doesn't cover local anesthesia permits for hygienists or facility permits.

Apply for an anesthesia & sedation facility permit 

To administer any type of anesthesia or sedation other than local anesthesia, your dental facility must be properly permitted. You can apply here for dental office or practice location permits.

Apply for a Mobile Dental Facility (MDF) or Portable Dental Operation (PDO) permit 

Are you a dentist? Apply here for a Mobile Dental Facility (MDF) or Portable Dental Operations (PDO) permit. Please note this application is not for dental hygienists applying for a MDF or PDO permit.

Request a copy of the Dental Ethics and Jurisprudence Exam 

Learn about and request this mandatory, open-book examination for dentists, dental hygienists, limited license dental interns, and limited license dental faculty members.

Request an address change, name change, or duplicate license 

If you are a dentist, dental hygienist, or dental assistant, and need to change your address or your name on your license, you can request those changes here. You can also request a duplicate license.

Request a Certified Statement of Licensure from a Health Profession Board of Registration 

You may need a certified statement of licensure from one of the health profession Boards of Registration to obtain licensure in another state.

Obtain a Certificate by Regulatory Board 

You'll need a certificate to register a profession practice with the Secretary of State's office.