- Posted: October 10, 2019 8 a.m.
- Last Updated: October 10, 2019 8:40 a.m.
- This page, Holyoke District Court panel discussion and public forum "Strategies to Address Drug Addiction in Holyoke", is offered by
- Executive Office of the Trial Court
Public Meeting Notice Holyoke District Court panel discussion and public forum "Strategies to Address Drug Addiction in Holyoke"
Contact for Holyoke District Court panel discussion and public forum "Strategies to Address Drug Addiction in Holyoke"
Holyoke District Court
Overview of Holyoke District Court panel discussion and public forum "Strategies to Address Drug Addiction in Holyoke"
Like many other cities and towns in Massachusetts and throughout the United States, Holyoke is facing many challenges related to substance abuse, including criminal activity, overdoses and drug-related deaths. The Holyoke District Court has been working with local law enforcement officials, healthcare providers and others in the community to develop strategies to reduce opioid misuse and addiction by increasing opportunities for immediate and effective treatment of individuals who may come in contact with the criminal justice system.
Holyoke District Court, with assistance from the National Center for State Courts, will present a panel discussion and a public forum focusing on community-based strategies to address drug use and drug addiction in Holyoke.
The event will feature multiple speakers, each representing a different role within law enforcement, the courts, and the behavioral health field. Following this presentation, there will be an opportunity for everyone who attends to ask questions, provide comments and to make suggestions on this important topic. This discussion will be moderated by John G.C. Laing, Jr., Chief Experience and Diversity Officer of the Massachusetts Trial Court.
- Manuel Febo, Chief of Police for the City of Holyoke
- Nick Cocchi, Sheriff of Hampden County
- Ari Kriegsman, M.D., Attending Physician, Opioid Treatment Program at Providence Hospital
- Elizabeth Evans, PhD, MA, Assistant Professor, School of Public Health, UMASS Amherst
- Debra Flynn-Gonzalez, Program Director, Hope for Holyoke Peer Recovery Support Center
- Maria Quinn, MSN, PMHNP-BC, Psychiatric NP, Holyoke Hospital
- William P. Hadley, First Justice, Holyoke District Court
- Manuel Moutinho, Clerk-Magistrate, Holyoke District Court
- Sean McBride, Chief Probation Office, Holyoke District Court
For questions, please contact Janet Klofas at firstname.lastname@example.org