- Posted: July 21, 2020 5:20 p.m.
- Last Updated: September 9, 2020 1:30 p.m.
- This page, Joint Meeting of the MassDOT Board of Directors and Fiscal Management Control Board - October 2020, is offered by
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Public Meeting Notice Joint Meeting of the MassDOT Board of Directors and Fiscal Management Control Board - October 2020
Overview of Joint Meeting of the MassDOT Board of Directors and Fiscal Management Control Board - October 2020
*Notes Regarding Public Comment: In an effort to provide effective opportunities for public comment and engagement while protecting the health and safety of the public and staff, this meeting of the FMCB will be held virtually. Public comment will be taken (1) in writing by email or mail, (2) by voice message, and (3) by live public comment through telephone conference call.
(1) Written comments may be submitted by email to email@example.com or mail to:
MassDOT Board of Directors and/or Fiscal and Management Control Board
C/O Owen Kane
10 Park Plaza - Suite 3510
Boston, MA 02116
For written comments received by mail or email at least one hour before the start of the FMCB meeting, the commenter’s name and affiliation (if stated), along with the subject line of the message will be shared in the meeting and on the Livestream. Mailed and emailed comments will be compiled and distributed to all Board Members in advance of the meeting.
(2) Voice message comments may be submitted by calling 857-368-1655 and leaving a message at least one hour before the start of the FMCB meeting. Voice messages will be played aloud during the public comment portion of the board meeting and captured in the livestream video. Messages must be limited to two minutes per commenter, or up to four minutes for comments submitted on behalf of an organization or elected official and at the discretion of the Board Chair.
(3) Public comment may be provided in real-time during the public comment portion of the meeting by telephone conference call. To provide a comment live by telephone, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one hour before the start of the meeting with your name and affiliation (if applicable) and item(s) for which you will provide comments. Participants will be sent a conference call number and instructions by email about 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Participants will be called by the Board Chair to provide comments in the order they have signed up. At the end of the public comment period, participants who have offered comments may observe the FMCB meeting using the livestream video available at mbta.com. Members of the public who would like to watch the meeting but are not interested in providing comments should also use the livestream video available at mbta.com.
Note: This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. MassDOT provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (e.g interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, live captioning, videos, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats), as available. For accommodation or language assistance, please contact MassDOT's Chief Diversity & Civil Rights Officer by phone at (857) 368-8580, TTD/TTY at (857) 266-0603, fax (857) 368-0602 or by email to MASSDOT.CivilRights@dot.state.ma.us. Requests should be made as soon as possible prior to the meeting, and for more difficult to arrange services including sign-language, CART or language translation or interpretation, requests should be made at least ten business days before the meeting.