Massachusetts Walk, Bike, and Roll to School Day
Overview of Massachusetts Walk, Bike, and Roll to School Day
This event is held on the first Wednesday of May. Students and families across Massachusetts will walk, bike, and roll to school to enjoy a safe, healthy, and active lifestyle.
You can now register for all our upcoming flagship days at once:
- Online electronic registration https://gisdev.massdot.state.ma.us/applications/SRTS/
- Download registration form if you prefer to fax or email your registration
- Safe Routes to School Activity Guide
Your school can participate on any day in May that works best. Visit our Encouragement page (link to https://www.mass.gov/info-details/safe-routes-to-school-encouragement#srts-flagship-events-) to learn more.
Flagship events are a great way to celebrate active transportation by jumpstarting walking and biking to school in the community. You can register online for all three annual flagship days at once and request promotional materials for the school year. Whether your school is Hybrid, Remote, or In-Person, please register your school to participate. Click here to register. A PDF form is also available should you wish to fax or email your registration.
Our three annual flagship days are:
· iWalk – International Walk, Bike, & Roll to School Day (the first Wednesday of October)
· Massachusetts Winter Walk & Roll to School Day (the first Wednesday of February)
· Massachusetts Walk, Bike, & Roll to School Day (the first Wednesday of May)
How to participate:
- Make sure your school is registered
- @School- Walk, Bike, or Roll from home, a designated meeting spot, or at school and take pictures!
- @Home- Walk, Bike, or Roll at home or around your neighborhood and take pictures!
- Share and Celebrate- #iwalked #ibiked #SafeRoutestoSchool #YourSchoolName