This page, Resources for Hemp Program Licensees, is part of
This page, Resources for Hemp Program Licensees, is offered by

Guide Resources for Hemp Program Licensees

This page provides forms and guidance documents intended for use by Hemp Program Licensees

Table of Contents

Planting Form

The Planting Form should be submitted to the Department no later than ten (10) days after planting.

Your hemp may only be planted within a licensed growing area. You may NOT plant hemp in any unlicensed areas. To add growing area to your license, you MUST submit an amendment form to the program for prior approval.

NOTE: A copy of the seed certification(s) demonstrating that the varieties or cultivars planted are below the 0.3% total THC limit should be submitted to the Department before planting.

Industrial Hemp Planting Form

Planting Form Guidance

Additional Resources for Planting Form

Harvest Report

Harvest Reports must be submitted at least twenty one (21) days before the start of harvest

Following the submission of this form, the Department will contact you to schedule an appointment to collect samples.  Harvest may not begin until samples have been collected.    

  • The licensee or a previously designated authorized signatory must be physically present during sampling.
  • Crop must be completely harvested within fifteen (15) days after sampling has taken place.
  • If harvesting prior to receiving the sample results, you MUST hold on to all harvested crop material which may not be commingled with other varieties nor extracted until an Industrial Hemp Certificate is issued from the Department.

Industrial Hemp Harvest Report

Industrial Hemp Harvest Report Guidance

Additional Resources for Harvest Report

Amendment Forms

To make changes to your licensed area, please use the license amendment forms. With these forms you may

  • Add, change, or remove Growing or Processing Sites

** Amendment forms are currently being updated for compliance with the 2021 program. Please contact us directly at if you are interested in making changes to your licensed area. 

FSA Reporting

Hemp Producers are required to file acreage reports with the Farm Service Agency (FSA). ALL licensed areas must be reported directly to the FSA. Even small plots of land being used for hemp production must be identified in a farm record.

To file your report with the FSA, you should contact your local FSA county office, and they will guide you through the process. A list of local FSA offices is available below, or visit for more information.


Massachusetts Farm Service Agency Office Listing

Massachusetts State FSA Office

445 West St, Amherst, MA 01002-2994

Tel: 413-253-4500

Berkshire County FSA Office

78 Center St; Room 208, Pittsfield, MA 01201-6171

Tel: 413-443-1776 x2

Bristol, Norfolk, and Suffolk County FSA Office

04 Dean St; Suite 204, Taunton, MA 02780

Tel: 508-880-0185  x2

Franklin County FSA Office

Hayburne Building Room 270; 55 Federal St, Greenfield, MA 01301-2545

Tel: 413-772-6810 x2

Hampshire and Hampden County FSA Office

195 Russell St; Suite B5, Hadley, MA 01035-9521

Tel: 413-585-1000 x2

Middlesex and Essex County FSA Office


319 Littleton Rd; Suite 203, Westford, MA 01886-4133

Tel: 978-303-8286 x2

Southeastern MA FSA Office for Plymouth, Barnstable, Dukes, and Nantucket County

8 Thatcher Lane, Wareham, MA 02571

Tel: 508-295-5151 x2

Worcester County FSA Office

Medical Arts Building Room 103; 52 Boyden Rd, Holden, MA 01520-2587

Tel: 508-829-4477 x2

License Renewals

Licenses must be renewed annually between October 1 and December 1

Hemp Licenses must be renewed on an annual basis between October 1 and December 1. To complete an Industrial Hemp License Renewal, please visit the Hemp License Renewal Page:

Key Actions for License Renewals