Access fingerprint-based criminal record information (SAFIS-R)
What you need
To apply, you must:
- Be employed and authorized by an approved agency
- Have a valid form of identification
- Complete our online CJIS Security Training
How to register
To become eligible to access results, both the agency and staff member must complete the following forms:
For an employee of a school:
For an employee of a Massachusetts non-criminal justice state agency:
- SAFIS-R State Agency User Designation Form
- SAFIS-R State Agency Individual User Agreement Form
- SAFIS-R State Agency User Agreement Form
Once completed, please submit these to us via email.
It's a state and federal requirement that anyone with access to fingerprint based criminal information must take and successfully pass our security test within 6 months from the start of employment or assignment.
A member of the our SAFIS Response Unit will send you a link to the test and your credentials to sign on.