Appeal a ruling or decision of the RMV
Contact for Appeal a ruling or decision of the RMV
Registry of Motor Vehicles
The Details of Appeal a ruling or decision of the RMV
What you need for Appeal a ruling or decision of the RMV
To appeal a ruling/decision, you will need to:
- Complete the appeal of a ruling/decision of the RMV form.
- Pay the $50 appeal fee.
- Appear in person for the hearing.
Fees for Appeal a ruling or decision of the RMV
How to appeal Appeal a ruling or decision of the RMV
To file an appeal with the Board of Appeals, you must complete an appeal of a ruling/decision of the RMV form and mail it with the applicable fee to:
Division of Insurance
1000 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118-6200
Hearings are scheduled in the order in which the appeal forms are received and according to the length of the suspension/revocation. There are no exceptions in order to be fair to all those filing appeals.
Next steps for Appeal a ruling or decision of the RMV
|The hearing is your opportunity to present information (testimony and/or documents) that you would like the board to consider when reviewing your appeal.|
|At the time of your hearing, your name will be called by the board and you will be asked to provide some basic information for identification purposes. Then a representative of the Registrar will:
|After you and the board have heard the RMV's presentation you will have the opportunity to present your information to the board.|
More info about Appeal a ruling or decision of the RMV
The following are instances where an appeal would be filed elsewhere other than with the Board of Appeals:
- Driver's license suspensions/revocations due to non-payment of child support must be appealed to the court where the child support order was issued
- Appeals of civil motor vehicle convictions (i.e., findings of "responsible") are available only through the court
- Driver's license suspensions/revocations for chemical test refusals must be appealed directly to the court where your operating under the influence case is being heard. You have 30 days from the date of the RMV decision to file such an appeal with the court. The operator must have appeared for an RMV hearing and cannot appear directly in the court.