Board of Appeal
The Details of Appeal an Auto Insurance Cancellation
What you need for Appeal an Auto Insurance Cancellation
Please note: Your complaint must be filed before the cancellation date. If you do so, you will remain insured until the Board has issued its decision. If you file after the cancellation date, but within 10 days of cancellation, your appeal will be heard but the cancellation will still take effect.
The Board does not conduct in-person hearings. All hearings are conducted virtually, via video or telephone.
A complaint may not be filed:
- if a policy has been secured from another insurance company.
- for non-payment of premium on a registered taxicab or fleet of taxicabs.
- on a cancellation of a policy effected by a finance company.
- if a company refuses to issue a policy.
How to appeal Appeal an Auto Insurance Cancellation
Please mail or fax the completed Cancellation Complaint form and a copy of your Cancellation Notice to the Board of Appeal.
More info for Appeal an Auto Insurance Cancellation
- There is no fee required to submit your complaint.
- You cannot postpone your cancellation hearing--only the insurance company can postpone your hearing.
- A representative from your insurance company will attend the hearing.
- You will receive a decision via mail.