Apply for a cap allocation with MassACA
Contact for Apply for a cap allocation with MassACA
The Details of Apply for a cap allocation with MassACA
What you need for Apply for a cap allocation with MassACA
You must have at least the following documentation to submit an application for cap allocation (ACA):
- an executed interconnection service agreement (ISA) (i.e., signed by you and your electric company)
- site control
- all necessary governmental permits and approvals to construct the facility, except for ministerial permits (i.e., building permit, etc.) and
- an application fee of $100. D.P.U. 11‑11‑D Appendix A at 3-4.
How to apply Apply for a cap allocation with MassACA
Apply online: http://www.massaca.org.
More info for Apply for a cap allocation with MassACA
Who should apply?
You will need a cap allocation for most net metering facilities. There are three types of facilities that do not need to apply for a cap allocation:
- A cap exempt facility, which:
- a facility that was net metering before January 24, 2013 (also known as a grandfathered net metering facility) that is not seeking any design change.
- a facility that is offsetting its load on site and never plans to export electricity to the grid.
Resources that you should read before submitting your ACA
If you are applying for a cap allocation we recommend that you read: