Apply for a respiratory therapist license
Contact for Apply for a respiratory therapist license
Board of Respiratory Care
The Details of Apply for a respiratory therapist license
What you need for Apply for a respiratory therapist license
- Limited permit number (if applicable)
- Social Security Number SSN
- Date and place of birth
- Mother's maiden name
- 2x2 passport style color photo with a white or off-white background
- Copies and printer generated photos are not acceptable
- A notary signature
- Official transcripts in signed, sealed envelopes for all perfusionist programs/degrees. When requesting official transcripts, please inform each school’s registrar that the transcript must be complete and state the degree and date conferred in mm/dd/yyyy format. The institutions must send transcripts directly to the Board.
- National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) documentation of certification. The verification must be sent directly to the Board; email, online, and other verifications are not acceptable. You must have obtained a passing score on NBRC’s CCRT examination.
- Verification of licensure status, in signed, sealed envelopes, from any state or jurisdiction in which you now or have previously held any professional license or board certification. The state or other jurisdictions must send verifications directly to the Board.
- Submission of the Criminal Offender Record Information Request Form (CORI), found below
- If you hold, or have ever held, any professional license, you must request and submit a National Practitioner Data Bank-Healthcare Integrity and Protection Data Bank Self-Query. To request a Self-Query, please contact the National Practitioner Data Bank. Include the original report with this application. Make a copy for your records.
- Note A: If you don't hold and have never held any professional licenses in any other state or jurisdiction, you don't need to submit a National Practitioner Data Bank self-query
- If you answer "yes" to any of the questions 12-17:
- Attach a separate sheet explaining the circumstances
Fees for Apply for a respiratory therapist license
- Pay by check or money order, payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Cash or foreign currency is not accepted
- The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable
Note: If you hold a limited permit license you must pay the full license fee in addition to the fee previously paid for your limited permit license.
|Respiratory Care initial license||$260||each|
How to apply Apply for a respiratory therapist license
- Download and complete the application, found below.
- You need to submit your application on single-sided paper
- Please ensure that you provide all the information requested. Don't leave blanks. If you are unable to provide the requested information, attach a separate sheet with an explanation. Missing information will delay the processing of your application.
- Mail completed application, attachments, and fee payment to:
Board of Respiratory Care
239 Causeway St.
Suite 500, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
Once you have read the eligibility requirements, you can apply for your license online.
- Go the Mass. Department of Public Health Online Licensing web portal.
- At the bottom, click on register a Person-based license.
- Follow the prompts to complete the application.
Next steps for Apply for a respiratory therapist license
Keep a copy of the completed application and documentation for your records. Employers may require that you provide them with a copy.
More info for Apply for a respiratory therapist license
The address printed on your license is a public record that is available to anyone who requests it. If you are using your home address, you may wish to consider changing this to an office address. You may request address changes online at the board’s website, or you may get a form online to submit to the Board’s office.