Contact for Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License: Limited Practitioner
Board of Registration in Veterinary Medicine
The Details of Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License: Limited Practitioner
What you need for Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License: Limited Practitioner
To complete an application, enter all required information and upload the following documents:
- All candidates for licensure must pass the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE) as administered by the International Council for Veterinary Assessment (ICVA) For further information on registering for the NAVLE, please visit www.icva.net
Note: The Board may waive the requirement for Limited Practitioner applicants pending a Board review of the application where the candidate is an AVMA-Boarded Specialist.
Required documents to be uploaded:
- A signed and notarized Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Acknowledgment form (pdf format).
- Two (2) signed and notarized Professional and Ethical Reference forms (pdf format).
- A recent color passport style photograph (jpeg format).
- A completed Board Jurisprudence Examination (pdf format).
- Official copy of your AVMA board certification (pdf format).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (pdf format).
- An official copy of your transcript issued by the veterinary school, showing degree conferral (pdf format).
- If candidate is not a graduate of an AVMA accredited school, they MUST complete the ECFVG or PAVE program to satisfy Board regulations on licensing**)
- A certified letter of licensure status from all states or jurisdiction(s) in which the applicant is currently licensed and/or has previously been licensed (pdf format).
- If applicable, a copy of any documents showing disciplinary action issued against the applicant’s license in another jurisdiction AND/OR certified copies of official court records showing the disposition of any convictions against the applicant, and a written explanation of the underlying incident(s) and circumstances.
**In addition, for those applicants who are graduates of a non-AVMA accredited veterinary school, they must meet the above-listed requirements, but must also complete the following requirements:
- Candidates receiving a degree from a foreign veterinary school must provide an original copy of the transcripts as well as an official, notarized English translation of the transcript, if not taught in English (pdf format).
Fees for Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License: Limited Practitioner
The total fee to apply for a license is $343.00. All fees are non-refundable and are payable by credit card, debit card, or bank account. Please note that a convenience fee may be assessed for all online credit card transactions.
See below for fee breakdown.
|Application Processing Fee||$117||each|
|Jurisprudence Examination Fee||$155||each|
|Initial License Fee||$71||each|
How to apply Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License: Limited Practitioner
Submit an application online through the Division of Occupational Licensure’s ePLACE Portal.
More info for Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License: Limited Practitioner
For detailed information on the application process, including whether you qualify for a temporary permit, please review the related FAQs.