Apply for child support services
Contact for Apply for child support services
The Details of Apply for child support services
What you need for Apply for child support services
DOR provides child support services for parents who pay support and parents who receive support.
Before filling out the application, make sure you have the following information handy:
- Social Security number
- Information about the other parent
- Information about the children
How to apply Apply for child support services
To apply online, you’ll need to create a child support online application.
Once you’ve applied for services, you can also go online to:
You can apply for services by mail, using a paper application.
To complete the form, follow the instructions on the application carefully.
Once you’ve completed your application, send it to:
P.O. Box 7057
Boston, MA 02204-7057
If you're completing the form in court on the day your child support order is entered, leave the form at the Register’s Office in the court.
Make sure the court gives a copy of your order to DOR.
More info about Apply for child support services
Fill out an application if:
- You want the Department of Revenue to start working on a new case to establish paternity (ask the court to make a decision about who is your child's legal father).
- You want the Department of Revenue to get, change, or enforce a child support order.
- You have a case where we are collecting child support by income withholding (deducting money from the other parent’s paycheck), but you want full enforcement services.
- You and the other parent in your case have another child in addition to the children in your current case, and you want services to get child support for that child.
- You already have a case, but you have a child with a different parent and want services for that child.
- You previously closed a child support case and want to re-open it.
After you submit your application, the next step in our process will be to create a case and send a letter to you and the other parent explaining the steps we will take on your case.