Log in links for this page
- This page, Report an employee status change, is offered by
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue
Report an employee status change
Contact for Report an employee status change
Contact Child Support Enforcement
The Details of Report an employee status change
How to report Report an employee status change
You can submit employee status changes, such as:
- Leaves of absence and
- Workers' compensation claims.
To submit these changes, you can use your MassTaxConnect account.
You can also report new employment information for someone leaving your employ.
If you don't have an account, you can register with MassTaxConnect.
If you have employees for whom you withhold child support and send it to another state, you must report status changes to that state.
You can also report employment status changes by faxing our Employer Services Group at (617) 887-7560.
Include the following information on your fax:
- Legal name and address of the business
- Federal employee identification number (EIN)
- Employee's full name, Social Security number, and current address
- Effective date of the status change
- Nature of the change:
- Leave of absence
- Workers' compensation claim.
If an employee status change is a result of retirement, new employment or workers' compensation claim, include the following information:
- Account number
- Name, address, and phone number of entity paying retirement benefits
- Name and phone number of contact person at entity paying benefits
- New employment information
- Name of new employer
- New employer's address and phone number
- Workers' compensation
- Claim number
- Name, address, and phone number of workers' compensation insurer
- Name and phone number of claim adjuster or representative at workers' compensation insurer.