Log in links for this page

Request a Certificate of Compliance

If you need proof of good standing with the Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA), learn how to request a certificate of compliance through your Unemployment Services for Employers account.
The Certificate of Compliance is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance.

Department of Unemployment Assistance


NEW: Unemployment Services for Employers to manage revenue functions Login to Unemployment Services for Employers 
UI-Online to manage benefits functions Employer Login 

The Details of Request a Certificate of Compliance

What you need for Request a Certificate of Compliance

A Certificate of Compliance from DUA is necessary for certain transactions, like applying for a liquor license or bidding on a state contract. Users who meet eligibility requirements will receive a PDF download of the Certificate of Compliance immediately upon request.

Who can request a Certificate of Compliance?

Employers can only obtain a Certificate of Compliance if they meet the following criteria:

  • They have not received a certificate in the past 30 days.
  • They do not have a balance of $100 or more of past-due debt.
  • They do not have any overdue filings.

If all the criteria are met, the employer will be able to receive a Certificate of Compliance. If the employer is not eligible for a Certificate of Compliance, a message will be displayed in the system to explain why they are ineligible. 

How to request Request a Certificate of Compliance

  1. Once logged in to Unemployment Services for Employers, click Additional Services on the Summary screen.
  2. On the Compliance panel, click the Request Certificate of ComplianceNote: If the employer is up to date on filing and payments and has not requested a certificate in the last 30 days, the option to submit the request is available. 
  3. Click Submit.
  4. On the Confirmation screen, click OK. The Certificate of Compliance is displayed in the Action Center and can be viewed by clicking View Letters. A physical letter will not be mailed to the employer. 


More info for Request a Certificate of Compliance

Employers who are not in good standing with DUA can review their accounts, file any missing wage and employment detail reports, and pay outstanding balance using Unemployment Services for Employers.

Once an employer’s account is brought into good standing with DUA, the employer will be able to obtain a Certificate of Compliance.

Contact for Request a Certificate of Compliance

Help Us Improve Mass.gov with your feedback