Log in links for this page
Request 940 certification
Contact for Request 940 certification
Department of Unemployment Assistance
The Details of Request 940 certification
What you need for Request 940 certification
You will need the user ID and password you use to log in to UI Online.
How to request Request 940 certification
- Log in to your UI Online account.
- Click Payment information in the left pane to view the Payment Information page.
- Click Request for 940 certification.
- Enter the year you are requesting 940 information for and click Search.
- A summary of reported Massachusetts taxable wages will appear. You can print this page if you want an unofficial copy before completing the request. Click Next.
- Enter any additional addresses that you want the official 940 certification to be sent to and check the Mail to box for each address. Click Submit.
- A confirmation page will appear when the request is complete.
If you are unable to complete your request online, you can request 940 certification by phone. Call (617) 626-5075 and select option 2 to speak to a representative and make your request.