Application Period Begins: January 27, 2021
Application Deadline: April 20, 2021*
Notices to Appear for Written Exam: TBD; See the Next Step below.
Written Examination Beginning Date: June 12, 2021
Score Release Date: TBD
Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Appeal: TBD
Eligible List Established Date: TBD
Examination Processing Fee for ONLY Municipal Police and MBTA Transit Police: $100
Examination Processing Fee for ONLY State Trooper: $100
Examination Processing Fee for Municipal Police, Transit Police AND State Trooper: $150
*There is an additional $50 late fee for applications received after this date. Applications will not be accepted after May 4, 2021.
Written examination location: Various sites across the Commonwealth
Eligibility: Entry-level, open to public
- Read texts on the preparation guide.
- Apply for the 2021 Municipal Police Officer, MBTA Transit Police Officer and State Trooper Exam!
- Notice to Appear for Examination: TBD
Two weeks before the examination date you will receive a notice to appear by e-mail. The notice will tell you the location and the time to appear for your examination. Please check your junk or spam mail folder for the e-mail before contacting this office.
- Score Release Date: TBD
You will receive your examination results by email.
- Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Appeal: TBD
- Eligible List Established Date: TBD
When the eligible list is established you will be able to view your rank on the online list.
How to Apply for the 2021 Exams
- Find the application for 2021 Municipal Police Officer, MBTA Transit Police Officer and State Trooper exams.
- Read about the exam information in the 2021 Municipal Police Officer, MBTA Transit Police Officer and State Trooper exams and find out if you’re eligible to take the exams.
- Click Apply in the top right corner of the exam poster and follow the instructions to submit your application.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted your application, you’ll see a Click to Pay button. Click the button to pay for your exam. Be sure to pay for the correct exam.
- You’ll receive two confirmation emails when you’ve completed the process:
♦ an email confirming that your application has been received
♦ an email confirming that your payment has been received
Your application is not complete until you have received both confirmation emails. Once you receive the successful payment confirmation email, you may ignore the option to Submit Payment which may still be displayed in your account.
Open Houses for the 2021 Exams