Log in links for this page

Equine Dealer / Transporter License

Licensing for those involved in dealing or transporting horses and other equines as a business.

Those involved in the business of selling, dealing, auctioning or transporting equine animals in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts must obtain a license from the Division of Animal Health.  In addition to the license for the activities, a transportation plate is required for each vehicle used in the transportation of equine animals. While all licensees are subject to inspection, all new applicants must be inspected prior to a license being issued.

Rescue and/or rehoming of equines require a dealer license unless the entity is registered and compliant with Department requirements for shelter/rescues.

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.