Information for parents on preventing youth alcohol and other drug use

The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is committed to helping parents keep their children healthy.

Materials for preventing alcohol and other drug use

How to find help for your child

The following professionals can direct you to services that will help you help your child.

  • Health care professionals can assess your child's health
  • School social workers, guidance counselors, and substance abuse counselors can guide you to services

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts offers resources to help answer your questions, and find treatment in your community. Assistance is available even if you don't have insurance.

The Massachusetts Substance Use Helpline

The Helpline provides free and confidential information and referral for alcohol and other drug use problems and related concerns. The Helpline is staffed 7 days a week. This service helps people of all ages, and assistance is available in multiple languages.

Phone toll free: (800) 327-5050
TTY: (888) 448-8321

The Helpline website contains an interactive program that helps you identify services in your area.

Suboxone (Buprenorphine) Hotline, Office Based Opioid Treatment Program (OBOT) at Boston Medical Center

The Hotline can make referrals and offer information on opiate and heroin treatment available in Doctors' offices statewide. Information regarding treatment options is available for both adolescents and adults:

Phone: (866) 414-6926 or (617) 414-6926


Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.