Materials for preventing alcohol and other drug use
- See Substance Use Prevention for Parents for steps other parents have taken to protect their children from injury.
- Find brief youth-parent sketches to give you tools to help prevent underage drinking, prescription drug misuse and other drug use.
- Other resources can be downloaded or requested in bulk from the Clearinghouse, such as:
How to find help for your child
The following professionals can direct you to services that will help you help your child.
- Health care professionals can assess your child's health
- School social workers, guidance counselors, and substance abuse counselors can guide you to services
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts offers resources to help answer your questions, and find treatment in your community. Assistance is available even if you don't have insurance.
The Massachusetts Substance Use Helpline
The Helpline provides free and confidential information and referral for alcohol and other drug use problems and related concerns. The Helpline is staffed 7 days a week. This service helps people of all ages, and assistance is available in multiple languages.
Phone toll free: (800) 327-5050
TTY: (888) 448-8321
The Helpline website contains an interactive program that helps you identify services in your area.
Suboxone (Buprenorphine) Hotline, Office Based Opioid Treatment Program (OBOT) at Boston Medical
The Hotline can make referrals and offer information on opiate and heroin treatment available in Doctors' offices statewide. Information regarding treatment options is available for both adolescents and adults:
Phone: (866) 414-6926 or (617) 414-6926
Has information on getting help for someone with traumatic brain injury and substance use disorder:
- Mass. Department of Public Health Bureau of Substance Addiction Services
- Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
Brain Injury Help Line: (800) 242-0030