Keep records after your identity is stolen

Once you know your identity has been stolen, keep records of your communications with banks, credit bureaus, and law enforcement officials.

You may need to send copies of your reports and communications to a bank or creditor. If you do so, send this information by certified mail, return receipt requested, to document what and when the company received from you.

Contacting the Attorney General

If you have questions or need further assistance, contact the State and Federal Consumer Agencies at 617-727-2200 or reach the agency online.

Further resources

Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.