Guidance on COVID-19 vaccine management and administration for healthcare providers & organizations
Download: Guidance for Healthcare Providers and Organizations PDF | Doc, updated December 19, 2020. This guidance provides information on: ordering, storage and handling, and administering the vaccine.
Providers must also:
- Sign and electronically submit the Massachusetts COVID-19 Program (MCVP) Agreement Form. Contact the MDPH Vaccine Unit for more information: email@example.com
- Confirm that your facility is fully registered and on-boarded to submit vaccine-administered data to the Massachusetts Immunization Information (MIIS). Contact the MIIS Unit for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaccine can be redistributed to sites that have completed an MCVP Agreement. See attached documents for redistribution guidance for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Please note that this guidance does not apply to temporary off-site clinics.
Sites that are redistributing vaccine must ensure that they are transferring COVID-19 vaccine to other providers who have completed the MCVP agreement. Registered users will have access to the Vaccines Module in MIIS to complete and accept these transfers. It is critical to document all vaccine transfers in the MIIS; failure to do so will cause inaccurate inventories leading to less vaccine being allocated to you in future orders. Providers should only transfer COVID-19 vaccine to providers that have completed the MCVP agreement. Providers receiving COVID-19 vaccine should confirm what has been physically received is what has been transferred before completing the transfer. Please review:
- For questions on logging in to the MIIS, contact MIISHelpDesk@massmail.state.ma.us. For questions about the transfer process, contact DPH-Vaccine-Management@massmail.state.ma.us.
COVID-19 Vaccine Management Standard Operating Procedure Template
Download: COVID-19 Vaccine Management Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Template.
The purpose of the COVID-19 Vaccine Management Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Template is to ensure the vaccine cold chain is maintained for optimum potency. All staff handling vaccines must read, sign, and adhere to the protocols described in this document.
COVID-19 vaccine request process
Download: COVID-19 Vaccine Request Process PDF | Doc, updated February 22, 2021.
This document outlines the COVID-19 vaccine request process for MCVP-enrolled providers. This process will continue until supply is sufficient to allow providers to place their own order through the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS).
Download: Timeline for requesting second doses PDF | Doc | Second Dose Calculator
This document outlines the timeline for requesting second doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccine. Second doses must be requested in the weekly MCVP survey.
Guidance for prioritization of COVID-19 vaccine
The MA COVID-19 Vaccine prioritization reflects several priorities: protecting our most vulnerable, maintaining health care system capacity, and addressing inequities in health care access and COVID-19 burden.
- Detailed list of priority groups in each phase: COVID-19 vaccination phases
Considerations for health care personnel after COVID-19 vaccination
The purpose of this memorandum is to provide guidance to health care organizations and providers regarding health care personnel working in the three days following COVID-19 vaccination, as personnel may experience side effects:
Frequently asked questions about the MCVP Provider Agreement
Download: Massachusetts COVID-19 Vaccine Program (MCVP) Agreement FAQ PDF | Doc, updated December 24, 2020.
Weekly provider bulletins
DPH issues a weekly bulletin to MCVP-enrolled providers with vaccine inventory. View past bulletins:
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 2/27/2021
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 2/21/2021
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 2/11/2021
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 2/6/2021
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 1/28/2021
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 1/21/2021
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 1/18/2021
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 1/8/2021
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 12/31/2020
- Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Bulletin - 12/24/2020