Comprised of developers, C&D industry representatives, environmental consultants, solid waste facility operators and haulers, this working group of the Solid Waste Advisory Committee meets on a periodic basis.
Ongoing Fall-2023 Webinar Series on C&D Materials Market Development
MassDEP is pleased to announce the continuation of a series of three monthly meetings of the C&D Subcommittee Stakeholder Group focusing on C&D Materials Market Development – Wood (10/31), Asphalt Shingles (11/16), and Gypsum Wallboard (12/14). Each meeting will explore optimization of existing markets and development of potential future markets.
The meetings will be conducted virtually over the Zoom platform at the dates and times listed below. Please register with the registration links included below.
December 14 Zoom Meeting Invitation re: Gypsum Markets:
When: December 14, 2023, at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Agenda and Speakers:
• Estimated quantity of gypsum available in Massachusetts C&D debris and historic trend data of quantities recovered (MassDEP)
• Overview of existing and future gypsum recycling markets (Ms. Susan Hines and Mr. Steve Meima, Gypsum Association)
• US Gypsum product take-back program for gypsum wallboard (Mr. Kyle Flondor, Wallboard Product Manager, US Gypsum)
• Existing recycling market serving Massachusetts (Mr. Terry Weaver, President of USA Gypsum)
• Product development using waste gypsum as potential future markets (Dr. David Drake and Dr. Taiji Miyasaka, Washington State University, School of Design and Construction)
• Growing construction industry desire for decarbonization and waste diversion driving gypsum reuse/recycling (Mr. Michael Orbank, Sustainability Manager at STO-Group)
Meeting materials for previous meetings can be found in under Additional Resources below.