Benefits of early pre-layoff services
Early intervention prior to a layoff allows employers and employees to communicate business needs and worker concerns.
The MassHire Rapid Response Team’s services are customized to each layoff and to each company’s needs and expectations.
Employers who have received MassHire Rapid Response services have reported many benefits, such as:
- Higher productivity during the layoff event
- Lower absenteeism among workers
- Lower unemployment insurance costs as employees are re-employed more quickly when services are provided prior to layoff
- Potential higher morale due to reduced stress from feeling that the employer worked hard to help them in a difficult time
- Decreased likelihood of work disruptions
- Media and rumor management - The MassHire Rapid Response team understand the often-confidential nature of layoffs and will work with the company to always ensure confidentiality.
- Better public relations
- Assistance with any state or federal requirements or laws for notification, including the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notice (WARN).
Assistance during business growth and expansion
Sometimes, growth can make it difficult for a business to thrive. The MassHire Rapid Response Team is an excellent resource in these situations.
MassHire Rapid Response representatives can work with businesses to develop growth and expansion plans as well as make referrals to state, federal, and quasi-public resources that can meet identified specific business needs.
If the immediate need is to fill open jobs, the Rapid Response Team can:
- Link a growing company to skilled workers from similar businesses that have downsized
- Provide access to the state’s MassHire JobQuest job posting board, job fairs, and recruitment activities
- Refer the employer to a MassHire Career Center for assistance finding qualified, pre-screened candidates
- Test and access applicants
- Provide information on the labor market, training grants, and tax credits
All services are provided at no additional cost to employers.