The layoff aversion process
The MassHire Rapid Response team tries to identify the exact needs of a company in crisis. Once the needs are assessed, then the team tries to help the company establish partnerships with other organizations and build networks that may reduce the possibility of layoffs or a closure.
These organizations include:
- Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation
- Massachusetts Office of Business Development
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network
- Massachusetts Center for Employee Ownership
- Employee ownership and succession plans
MassHire Rapid Response representatives will refer your business to one or more partners that we believe are best suited to meet the needs discussed during our meetings with you. These partners and their services are part of the MassHire BizWorks program.
If the Rapid Response representatives determine that layoffs cannot be avoided, they will implement layoff management and outplacement services.