What is My Account Page?
My Account Page is a website where you can see information about the benefits you get from MassHealth, Commonwealth Care, Health Safety Net, Children's Medical Security Plan, or Healthy Start.
Those approved to receive Commonwealth Care will see Commonwealth Care listed in My Account Page both as a benefit they are qualified to receive pending their enrollment in a health plan and as a benefit they currently receive once they enroll in a health plan. My Account Page can be accessed at: https://sso.hhs.state.ma.us/vgportal/login.
To use My Account Page you must be the head of household (the person who signed the application for benefits) and must be getting benefits yourself.
Who can use My Account Page?
If you are the head of household where you or a household member gets health assistance benefits (MassHealth, Commonwealth Care, Health Safety Net, Children's Medical Security Plan, or Healthy Start) you can use My Account Page. The head of household is the person who signed the application for benefits.
Please note: Heads of household need to have their own Member ID number to use My Account Page. The Head of Household cannot use a family member's Member ID number. For example, if your child receives health assistance benefits, but you do not have a Member ID number of your own, you will not be able to look up your child's information.
How can I look at My Account Page?
You first need to register through the Virtual Gateway. Once you have a Virtual Gateway user name and password, you can log in to the Virtual Gateway and select My Account Page. You will need to give your date of birth, and Social Security number. To see your health assistance benefit information, you will need to give your MassHealth Member ID number, found on your MassHealth member card or on notices sent to your household.
If I don't use My Account Page, will my benefits be changed or closed?
No. Your decision whether to use My Account Page does not change your benefits.
Why do I need to enter personal information to use My Account Page?
This information helps to ensure that only you can see your household's benefit information. If you call Virtual Gateway Customer Service, you may be asked for this information to identify you as the head of household.
When I type in my personal information, why do I get a message that says no results were found?
The personal information you entered - including name, date of birth, Social Security number, and benefits card number - must match exactly the information kept by MassHealth. Please make sure you are entering all of the information correctly.
The screen says My Account Page is not available and is currently being updated. What can I do?
The information in My Account Page is updated overnight and may not be available at certain times. Please try again later.
I sent in my health insurance documents, can I use My Account Page to see if they were received?
A "Documents" area displays in My Account Page when viewing health insurance information. The following information is available:
- Who the document pertains to (which household member)
- Document Category, e.g., verification (such as income, citizenship, etc.)
- Status of document: Processed (has a disposition) or Unprocessed (does not have a disposition)
- Date Received: The date the document (or group of documents) was received at MassHealth. Note: The date will typically be within 48 hours for faxed documents and within 1 week for mailed documents.
Some additional notes regarding the Documents list:
- Document information will display in the list for 18 months
- The list contains document information, but does not show a copy of the actual document(s)
You should see 1 line in the list for each individual document or group of documents mailed or faxed. If multiple documents were sent in 1 fax or mailing, you will not see all of those documents in the list. Instead you will only see the name of 1 of the documents. Because of this, it’s a good idea to check the list first for a “Date Received” around the time you think it was sent in, rather than first checking by “Document Type.”
- Example: If you fax or mail 4 documents together — e.g., a copy of a bank statement, 2 pay stubs, and a birth certificate — you will only see the name of 1 of those Document Categories in the list. In this example, you may see only “Verification”.
For a document to display, it must include a Social Security number that matches the Social Security number of the household member that the document is about.
- Example: If a birth certificate for a child is mailed or faxed, it must have the Social Security number for that child written on the birth certificate in order for it to be displayed in the list. It’s important that every document that is mailed or faxed has the individual’s Social Security number written on it.
Can I get the same account information by phone?
If you are a MassHealth, Commonwealth Care, or Health Safety Net member or applicant you can get the same information by phone at (888) 665-9993. When you call this number, select a language and then press Option 1. You will be led through a series of easy menus to access your information.
I don't want to use My Account Page, but I have questions about my benefits. Who can I contact?
If you have questions about your health assistance benefits such as MassHealth, call 1-800-841-2900. Visit the MassHealth website for general information about MassHealth and how to apply for MassHealth and other health assistance programs.