Report clusters by teleform
Please provide as much detail on the teleform as possible. Upon receipt of the form, an epidemiologist will contact you to review guidance concerning testing, prophylaxis, and infection control. Clusters in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and other entities licensed by the Division of Healthcare Quality (DHCQ), should also be reported to DHCQ by using the web-based Health Care Facility Reporting System (HCFRS), via the Virtual Gateway. All Reportable Assisted Living Incident Reports are submitted to the Executive Office of Elder Affairs via the Automated Quickbase Reporting system. Group homes, prisons, or other settings should also contact the appropriate oversight agency for your facility.
For specific information about reporting, see the MDPH 105 CMR 300.000: Reportable Diseases, Surveillance and Isolation and Quarantine Requirements.
Immediately report the following influenza-related cases by phone
All immediately reportable cases should be reported by phone to the Division of Epidemiology and Immunization at (617) 983-6800 and to your local board of health. Providers in the city of Boston should report directly to the Boston Public Health Commission at (617) 534-5611.
- Suspected and confirmed deaths related to influenza in children under 18 and in pregnant women.
- Unusual or unusually severe cases of ILI, e.g., with encephalopathy, myocarditis, or pericarditis. ILI is defined as fever with cough and/or sore throat.
- Unusual clusters of ILI in daycare and elementary schools.
- Cases of suspected or proven antiviral treatment or prophylaxis failure.
- Suspected novel or variant influenza, e.g., travel-associated, animal-associated, avian influenza A H5N1 or H7N9, influenza A H3N2v, other avian influenza.
- ILI in employees of swine or poultry farms.
Division of Epidemiology and Immunization: (617) 983-6800
Boston Public Health Commission: (617) 534-5611