SRTS Webinar for Municipalities
SRTS Webinar for Municipalities, Presented on March 5, 2019
In March 2019, the Massachusetts Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program hosted a webinar on municipal solutions to common SRTS challenges. The webinar covered solutions to topics including:
- Speeding vehicles in neighborhoods
- Pedestrian facility and/or bikeway gaps on students’ routes to school
- Arrival/dismissal challenges
Please view webinar video below:
Integrate walking and biking into the classroom.
Parents and guardians who model safe behaviors inspire their children to do the same.
- Preparing your child to walk to school
- Back Pack Flyer (English)
- Back Pack Flyer (Spanish)
- Bike Rodeo Guide
- Bike Safety Tip Sheets
- Pedestrian Safety Tip Sheets (English)
- Pedestrian Safety Tip Sheets (Chinese)
- Pedestrian Safety Tip Sheets (French)
- Pedestrian Safety Tip Sheets (Portuguese)
- Pedestrian Safety Tip Sheets (Spanish)
Safety is everybody’s job and all community members have a role to play in providing safe routes to school.
Crossing guards play an important role in keeping students safe on their walk/bike routes to and from school.