About sharing your positive COVID-19 test
If you test positive for COVID-19, you can choose to help by sharing your result anonymously through MassNotify.
This is how other MassNotify users learn that they were exposed to someone who tested positive, although they will not learn your identity.
Sharing this information helps stop the spread of the virus.
Stay at home alone if you have tested positive for COVID-19:
- Stay away from others. Stay away from the people you live with.
- Go to mass.gov/isolate for more information on how to safely isolate and help stop the spread of the virus.
- Your local public health authority may also independently reach out to you about your positive test result.
Anonymously share your COVID-19 positive test result with other MassNotify users:
- If you test positive for COVID-19, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) will send you a text message with a link you can choose to use to anonymously share your positive test result with other MassNotify users.
- If you didn’t receive a text message with a verification link, your link expired, or you tested positive with an at-home test, you can request one directly in the MassNotify system. To request a MassNotify verification link:
- On an iPhone (available on iOS software versions 14.8 and above): Go to Settings, then the Exposure Notifications section. Click “Share a COVID-19 diagnosis”, tap the link at the bottom of the screen that says “Didn’t get a code?”, and follow the instructions to request your verification link.
- On an Android: Go to the Google section within Settings, then the Exposure Notifications section. Click “Share a COVID-19 diagnosis”, tap continue at the bottom of the screen, and then click “I need a code”. Follow the instructions to request your verification link.
- When you anonymously share your test result with other users, MassNotify users who were close to you during the past 14 days may receive an alert about their possible exposure to COVID-19. They will not be told who tested positive or where the potential exposure may have happened.
- These alerts help people who may have been exposed to get tested and stay safe to help stop the spread of the virus.
- If you’re having technical trouble with MassNotify or are running an older version of software on your smartphone and can’t request a verification link, you can email our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, go to mass.gov/massnotify.
If you are looking to confirm the results of a recent COVID-19 test, you should reach out to the provider or test site that administered the test for you.