This legislation established the following monthly reporting requirements regarding filings, actions, and dispositions of summary process (eviction) cases:
- The number of actions for summary process entered and filed with each court having jurisdiction over an action for summary process.
- The number of default judgments entered, delineated by the reason for the summary process filing.
- The number of execution for possessions orders granted, delineated by the reason for the summary process filing.
- The number of continuances requested and granted due to pending applications for short-term emergency rental assistance.
- The number of stays issued due to pending applications for short-term emergency rental assistance.
- The average length of a continuance and stay granted.
- The number of stays requested, granted or denied.
- The number of landlords and tenants receiving legal representation and legal services through on-site court diversion and support resources.
These reports provide the House and Senate Committees on Ways and Means, Joint Committee on Housing, and Joint Committee on the Judiciary with the information required to monitor eviction filings and other actions across the Commonwealth. Other relevant information pertaining to data on eviction filings, tier-1 and tier-2 events, and executions issued can be found at: https://public.tableau.com/profile/drap4687.
Reports issued between 2020 and 2022 were prepared pursuant to St. 2020, c. 257, as amended by St. 2021, c. 20, and St. 2022, c. 42.
Reports will be posted by the 16th of each month, or the following business day if the 16th falls on a weekend or holiday.