General camping information
The following sites are available. You must reserve a campsite between Memorial Day weekend through Columbus Day weekend.
- 18 tent sites (4 person max.)
- 9 group sites (12 person max.)
- Lean-to shelters are available at Chimney, Upper, and Stony Ledge group sites.
Off-season camping is available November 1 - May 13.
- Campsites are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- No fee required but donations are accepted.
- Registration with park staff is recommended.
- Call (413) 499-4262
Additional Resources for General camping information
- Solar-powered composting toilets
- Fresh drinking water available at hand pump.
- Filter/treat drinking water from Roaring Brook.
- Bear-proof food storage lockers at each site
- Designated fire ring at each site.
- Firewood is available, $5/bundle
- Don't bring your own firewood.
Campground overnight parking and access is available at:
- Campground Parking Lot on Rockwell Road (late-May - Nov. 1)
- Easiest campground approach via the Campground Trail
- Easy to moderate 1.3 mile hike with backpack
- Elevation gain/loss 100 feet.
- Average hike takes 45 minutes.
- Haley Farm/Hopper Road trailhead in Williamstown (year-round)
- More challenging campground approach via the Money Brook and Hopper Trails
- Moderate to strenuous 2.4 mile hike with backpack
- Elevation gain: 1,275 feet.
- Average hike takes 2 hours.
Five lean-to shelters are available year round:
- Deer Hill
- Wilbur's Clearing
- Bellows Pipe
- Peck's Brook
- Mark Noepel
No fee required and sites are first-come, first-served. Limit up to 12 people at each shelter site.
If backpacking, you should call the Visitors Center at (413) 499-4262 to notify park staff with:
- Contact name
- Telephone number (cell phone if available)
- Names of additional hikers
- Planned camping locations and dates
- Overnight parking site
- Vehicle description with state and license plate number
Bascom Lodge on the summit offers overnight accommodations and meals. The lodge is open from late-May through mid/late-October and accommodates up to 34 guests.
- 4 private rooms
- 4 family rooms
- 2 bunk rooms
- Accommodate about 9 guests each
- Shared bathrooms
- Individual shower units
- Private changing area
For further information or reservations, call (413) 743-1591 or visit the Bascom Lodge website.