General camping information
The Main Camping Season at Sperry Road Campground is available by reservation from mid-May through Columbus Day weekend. Fee applies. HIKE IN ONLY - no vehicle access to campground.
- 18 tent sites (4 person max.)
- 9 group sites (12 person max.)
- Lean-to shelters are available at Chimney, Upper, and Stony Ledge group sites.
- Picnic table and fire ring at each site
- Bear-proof food storage lockers at each site
- Solar Powered Composting toilets only
- Firewood may be purchased from camp staff. Do not transport firewood.
- Potable water is available during the main camping season
- To make a reservation call 877-422-6762 or online at www.reserveamerica.com
Available from Columbus Day – March 31
- All campsites are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations are not accepted during off-season.
- Very Limited Services – no water and no firewood available
- Register off-season camping itinerary with park staff by calling the Visitor Center at (413) 499-4262.
- This is not a novice camping experience
- Filter/treat drinking water from Roaring Brook off-season.
Additional Resources for General camping information
Campground DAY USE parking and trail access is available at:
- Campground Parking Lot on Rockwell Road (accessible mid May - Nov. 1)
- Easy to moderate 1.3 mile hike with backpack via the Campground Trail
- Elevation gain/loss 100 feet.
- Average hike takes 45 minutes
- Hopper Road trailhead in Williamstown (accessible year-round)
- Moderate to strenuous 2.4 mile hike with backpack via the Haley Farm Trail or Hopper Trail
- Elevation gain: 1,275 feet.
- Average hike takes 2 hours.
Five lean-to hike-in shelters are available year-round (no reservations accepted):
- Deer Hill
- Wilbur's Clearing
- Bellows Pipe
- Peck's Brook
- Mark Noepel
No fee required and sites are shared use. Limit up to 12 people at each shelter site.
If backpacking or off-season camping, please call the Visitors Center at (413) 499-4262 to register your itinerary with park staff. Provide the following information:
- Contact name
- Telephone number (cell phone if available)
- Names of additional hikers
- Planned camping locations and dates
- Overnight parking site
- Vehicle description with state and license plate number
Privately operated, Bascom Lodge on the summit offers overnight accommodations and meals. The lodge is open from late-May through mid/late-October and accommodates up to 34 guests.
- 4 private rooms
- 4 family rooms
- 2 bunk rooms
- Accommodate about 9 guests each
- Shared bathrooms
- Individual shower units
- Private changing area
For further information or reservations, call (413) 743-1591 or visit the Bascom Lodge website.