Planning your Group visit
To meet your educational and recreational needs, please call us first so that we can help you plan a successful trip to Mount Greylock.
- For groups of 50 people or less call the Visitor Center (413)499-4262 at least two weeks in advance.
- For groups of 51 or more people call the visitor center 45 days in advance to determine whether a permit is required.
Transportation and Parking
The Mount Greylock Scenic Byway is narrow, steep and winding. Please utilize mini-buses and passenger vans to transport your group.
- Free parking available at Visitor Center
- Parking limited at trailheads and on Summit (fee)
Additional Resources for Planning your Group visit
Programs and Facilities
Park programming and educational resources
- To schedule a guided hike or interpretive program please call the visitor center to coordinate with park staff.
- To learn more, contact us in advance to prepare curriculum related to the natural and cultural resources of Mount Greylock.
Visitor Center and Summit facilities
- The Visitor Center offers park orientation, ample parking, accessible restrooms and access to trails.
- Bascom Lodge and the Mount Greylock War Memorial Tower located on the summit have specific guidelines for group use. See links below for more information on group use.
Additional Resources for Programs and Facilities
Safety and Trail Etiquette
- Dress appropriately for the weather including sturdy footwear. The summit is typically 5-10 degrees cooler than the base of the mountain.
- Limit group size to 25 on trail while day hiking, and 10 for overnight hikes. Two adults per 10 children recommended.
- Keep your group together. Stop at each trail junction before continuing to ensure no one takes a wrong turn.
- Take pictures, leave only footprints. Carry out your trash.
- Keep a respectful distance from wildlife and never feed them.