If your organization is NOT a clinical test phase partner,
- continue to use the MOLST form
- click on the box below about what to do if you see a POLST form (What organizations need to know about ePOLST coming to MA in 2024)
The Massachusetts POLST (Portable Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment) Program’s mission is to help persons living with serious illness and advancing frailty engage in care planning conversations with their clinicians and care teams to ensure that their treatment preferences are understood and honored. The goals of the Massachusetts POLST Program are to:
- Establish POLST as integral part of care planning continuum across the state;
- Support effective care planning conversations for people with serious illness and advancing frailty;
- Ensure clear, reliable documentation about the program;
- Improve integration across all care settings;
- Align with national standards and best practices; and
- Continually improve the program.
In 2023, Massachusetts is conducting Clinical Testing with three communities. In 2024, Massachusetts is launching the ePOLST Registry across the Commonwealth. For more information, click on the box below (Coming Soon - What organizations need to know about ePOLST coming to MA in 2024).