- Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
Youth Turkey Hunt — The Massachusetts Young Adult Turkey Hunting Program is designed to provide hunters aged 12–17 with an opportunity to:
- Participate in a field workshop that provides specialized training in turkey hunting and safety, including firearms instruction and practice.
- Hunt wild turkey under the supervision and guidance of a safe, experienced, adult hunter serving as a mentor on a special day set aside just for young adults.
This program is more than just a day in the field hunting turkey; it is a comprehensive recreational program that includes two parts: a pre-hunt workshop and a one-day mentored hunt. Click here for a list of the 2018 participating clubs and dates. Hunter safety is emphasized in all aspects of the program to help build the confidence of young hunters so they feel comfortable hunting alone or with others in the field. New participants must complete the pre-hunt workshop to obtain a permit for the special Young Adult Turkey Hunt Day (April 28, 2018). All participants must have a valid Hunter Education certificate prior to participating in the hunt.
To register as a new participant for the program, fill out the Youth Participant Form.
New in 2018 for returning participants:
- Returning participants ages 12–14 must add a Youth Turkey Permit to their customer profile in MassFishHunt. Click here for instructions.
- Returning participants ages 15–17 must add the Youth Turkey Authorization 15–17 to their permit. Click here for instructions.