- Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
Now is the time of year to think about the outdoor or wildlife enthusiast on your holiday list — consider the following wildlife-related gifts available from MassWildlife.
- Massachusetts Wildlife: A 2-year subscription to Massachusetts Wildlife magazine ($10) delivers eight full-color issues of the Commonwealth’s best wildlife publication. The magazine is packed with award-winning articles and photos on the environment, conservation, fishing, hunting, natural history, and just about everything related to the outdoors in Massachusetts.
- Field Guides and Other Publications: MassWildlife offers Massachusetts-specific field guides, including Guides to Amphibians and Reptiles, Animals of Vernal Pools, and Dragonflies and Damselflies. Find field guides and other great publications on our website.
- 2019 Licenses: The sportsman or sportswoman in your life will appreciate a 2019 hunting, fishing, or sporting license and any supplemental stamps they will need (available December 1). License purchases support MassWildlife’s fish and wildlife conservation, management, and habitat protection programs. Use care when purchasing licenses during December, as both 2018 and 2019 licenses are available.Go to MassFishHunt to make a purchase.
- Charitable Donations: For the person who has everything, make a donation in his or her name to support one of the following funds.
- The Wildlands Fund is dedicated to acquiring and conserving important wildlife habitat open to wildlife-related recreation. Send the honoree’s name with a check made out to Comm. of Mass – Wildlands Fund to MassWildlife, 251 Causeway St., Suite 400, Boston, MA 02114.
- The Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Fund supports efforts to protect rare and endangered wildlife. Read rare species success stories made possible by the Fund. A donation in the form of a check made out to “Comm. of MA – NHESP” can be sent to MassWildlife, NHESP, 1 Rabbit Hill Road, Westborough, MA 01581.