More about:

Register as or Renew your Existing Home Improvement Contractor Registration

The Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation registers home improvement contractors and administers the Arbitration and Guaranty Fund programs.

If you are looking to apply for or renew a Construction Supervisor License (CSL), click the link under the related services tab below. The Home Improvement Contractor (HIC) law was created to protect consumers and regulate the business practices of contractors. It established a registration requirement, an arbitration program for resolving disputes, and a fund to pay consumers up to $10,000 for unpaid judgments against contractors. Questions about HIC programs? Contact our Consumer Hotline at 617-973-8787.


Tell us what you think