Resources for Local Licensing Authorities (ABCC)

General information and resources for LLAs.

Alcoholic beverages retail licenses are distinguished by where a patron may consume the beverages purchased, i.e., off the premises or on the premises. Off-premises licenses include package stores, convenience stores and supermarkets. There are 5 types of on-premises alcoholic beverages licenses: restaurants, clubs (or veterans club), hotels, taverns, and general on premises. In addition, retail alcoholic beverages licenses fall into five categories: all alcoholic beverages licenses, wine and malt beverages licenses, wine beverages licenses, malt beverage licenses, and wine and malt with cordials and liqueurs beverages licenses. These licenses may be issued seasonally or annually. Applications must be approved by a Local Licensing Authority (LLA) and the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission (ABCC).

Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.