A History of MassWildlife: 1866-2012 was written by retired MassWildlife biologist James Cardoza and published in 2015. This manuscript outlines significant dates; statistics on fish and wildlife populations through time; facts about hunters, anglers, and licenses; stocking data; along with information on staff.
A History of MassWildlife: 1866-2012
The book in its entirety is available for download enabling readers to peruse and search the whole document. For those who want to read one section at a time, the book has been divided into chapters, each covering about 25 years.
- A History of MassWildlife: 1866-2012 (complete text)
- The Board of Commissioners Years 1866-1919
- The Division of Fisheries and Game, The Early Years, 1920-1947
- The Division of fisheries and Game, The Later Years, 1948-1969
- The Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, 1970-2012
- In Summary, Acknowledgements and Tables
- References and Notes
- Errata Sheet