MassDOT is updating the statewide Bicycle Transportation Plan. Our public comment period is now closed and the results are available for viewing:
Thank you for helping us advance our vision for safe, comfortable, and convenient bike networks for everyday travel. Your input will help us prioritize recommendations, including projects, policies, and programs. Stay tuned for updates.
MassDOT promoted the Bike Plan at Open Streets events. We demoed separated bike lanes, spoke with hundreds of attendees, and recorded over a thousand comments. We attended the following events:
- River Roll + Stroll in Holyoke/South Hadley was on Sunday, May 7, 2017
- SomerStreets in Somerville was on Sunday, August 6, 2017
- Downtown Ciclovía in Lawrence was on Sunday, August 20, 2017
Massachusetts’ integrated and multimodal transportation system will provide a safe, comfortable, and well-connected bicycle network that will increase access for both transportation and recreational purposes. The Bike Plan will advance bicycling statewide for everyday travel—particularly for short trips of three miles or less—to the broadest base of users and free of geographic inequities.
- Engage the public with creative and diverse strategies
- Understand current and projected trends
- Make the case for bicycling
- Identify and prioritize network gaps
- Improve bicycle infrastructure implementation