Cooking is the #1 cause of fires. To support local fire educators, the Department of Fire Services has created a Cooking Fire Safety public awareness campaign that promotes two key messages: Stand By Your Pan to prevent cooking fires and Put A Lid On It as the best response to stove top fires. It features three firehouse chefs and their recipes. It includes:
- New! TV spots (1 English, 1 Spanish)
- New! Radio spots (1 English, 1 Spanish)
- New! Cooking safety recipe cards (English and Spanish)
- Tri-fold pamphlet in 3 languages
- Newspaper ads
- Customizable local press release
- A lesson plan
- Bookmark artwork
Download and use the Toolkit resources in your local education efforts.
In addition to Toolkit items, DFS has kitchen props that can be used for hands-on teaching about how to prevent and respond to kitchen fires. Contact the Fire Data & Public Education Unit at 978-567-3381 to borrow one or for advice on planning your program.