The Department of Fire Services helps keep communities safe. We provide firefighter training, public education, fire prevention, code enforcement, licensing, fire investigation, hazardous material response, and emergency response.
Keeping Massachusetts Safe from Fire
1 State Road, P. O. Box 1025, Stow, MA 01775
100 Grochmal Avenue, P.O. Box 51025, Springfield, MA 01151
911 Conant Street, P.O. Box 157, (No access from Flagg Street) Use GPS Coordinates: 41°57′4″ N 70°57′18″ W, Bridgewater, MA 02324
For all 3 campuses
Severe Weather Hotline
Who we serve
The Department of Fire Services provides the fire service, regulated industries, and individuals with training, education, prevention, investigation, and emergency response services. This work includes training firefighters, hazardous material response, fire investigation, public education in fire and life safety, and incident support.
What would you like to do?
- DFS Boards and Commissions
- Public Records for the Department of Fire Services
- Hazardous Materials, Technical Rescue and Special Operations Emergency Responses
- Fire & Explosion Investigation Section
- Boiler & Pressure Vessel (BPV) Safety Program
- Occupational Cancer in the Fire Service
- Massachusetts Fire Code