In response to the ongoing COVID-19 emergency, the MassHire Department of Career Services, Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) program has temporarily moved to e-mail and telephone communication only.
Through the COVID-19 emergency, we remain operational and committed to assist you.
To contact FLC staff, you may e-mail us at:
You may also call our general assistance line at: (617) 626-5300
Farm Labor Camp Inspections
Due to the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 we are closed to the public. The primary objective of the Farm Labor Camp Self-Inspection protocol is to prevent workplace exposure to employers and MDCS staff while continuing core operations under the State of Emergency Declaration. We will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so. The protocol was developed in coordination with the MA Department of Public Health (DPH).
This self-inspection Checklist is to provide growers with a tool to satisfy the minimum inspection requirements promulgated at 29 CFR 500.130 – 135, 20 CFR 654.400, 20 CFR 653.501, 20 CFR 655.122(d)(1) and MGL 128G during the COVID-19 emergency.
Federal and State Farm Labor Camp (FLC) standards require that agricultural employers or FLC operators or his/her agent ensure that the labor camp area, structures, toilets, showers, and other facilities are maintained and inspected at least once a week. The regulations also requires that any broken or damaged property be repaired within 5 calendar days.
MDCS through this interim protocol will require the submittal of the completed ES 338 form and the self-inspection checklist to our inspection staff, immediately after completion of the self-inspection. This will allow for the timely processing of your job order and help minimize any potential delays.
- Employer/Operator must complete the self-inspection checklist upon receipt.
- Completing the checklist:
- If the statement is correct, check YES,
- If the statement is incorrect, check NO and briefly state corrective action taken to fix or repair the violation, and
- If the statement is not applicable, write N/A on the appropriate box.
- Review, sign and date the ES 338 and the self-inspection checklist
- Include support documentation for all repairs, and
- E-mail the completed forms to: H2Aprogram@detma.org
NOTE: Any repairs must be completed within 5 calendar days. Once the emergency is over, MDCS will inspect your labor camp.
- It is highly recommended to keep the completed forms with other related camp documents. Keeping maintenance records will help growers reduce the risk of fines by enforcement agencies.
2) ES 338
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Interim Guidance from CDC and the U.S. Department of Labor for Agriculture Workers and Employer
U.S. Department o of Labor (DOL) Employment and Training Administration (ETA)
General information: https://www.dol.gov/coronavirus
U.S. DOL, ETA, Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC)
Foreign Labor Certification Programs: https://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources
BULLETIN 2020-18 FARM LABOR MANAGEMENT
Considerations for Fruit and Vegetable Growers Related to Coronavirus & COVID-19
Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH)
Farm Labor Camp Information: https://www.mass.gov/lists/farm-labor-camps-community-sanitation
United State Department of Agriculture (USDA) (USDA)
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR)
Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers
Connecticut River Valley Farmworker Health Program (CRVFHP)
Fact Sheets and Posters
U.S. Department of Labor
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- H-2A Program
Centers for Decease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- What to do if you are sick - 8.5×11
- What you need to know - 8.5×11
- Stop the spread of germs poster - 8.5 x 11
- English Spanish French Simplified Chinese Arabic Dari Farsi Russian Swahili Ukrainian Vietnamese Korean Amharic Nepali Haitian Creole Pashto Somali Tigryna Burmese
- 11 x 17
- Share Facts About COVID-19 - 8.5×11
- Stay home when you are sick! –
- 11 x 8.5 Horizontal
Englishpdf icon Spanish
- 8.5 x 11 Vertical
- 24 x 36 Vertical
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 poster - 8.5×11
- English Spanish Simplified Chinese Korean Vietnamese Haitian Creole
- Wash Your Hands - 11×17
Keep Calm and Wash Your Hands - 8.5×11