There are currently no employment opportunities at CZM. Please check back later or see the links below for other state and coastal-related opportunities.
- Finding a Job - Provides links to job resources in Massachusetts
- CZ-Tip - Internship/Job-Search Resources: Get into the Blue - Includes information on internships, fellowships, and jobs in coastal and ocean fields.
Upcoming Grant Rounds
NEW: Pre-RFR Support - CZM anticipates the release of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Requests for Responses (RFR) for the Coastal Resilience Grant Program and the Coastal Pollutant Remediation (CPR) Program this spring. Until the RFRs are released, CZM can discuss project ideas and eligibility for these grants with potential applicants. See the contact information at the bottom of the Coastal Resilience Grant page and the CPR Grant page to connect with CZM staff. Information is also available on those pages to sign up to receive an email announcement that the RFR is posted. Links to the RFRs will also be posted here and on both of these web pages when the grant rounds officially open.
NEW: Coastal Resilience Pre-RFR Webinar - On March 30, CZM hosted an informational webinar on the Coastal Resilience Grant Program to review the goals and requirements of the grants, cover anticipated funding levels and timelines, highlight recent projects, and answer questions and discuss potential project ideas. A link to the recording of the webinar and the PowerPoint presentation are available below.
NEW: CPR Pre-RFR Webinar - On April 6, CZM hosted an informational webinar on the CPR Grant Program to review the goals and requirements of the grants, cover the anticipated funding levels and timelines, highlight recent projects, and answer questions and discussion of potential project ideas. A link to the recording of the webinar and the PowerPoint presentation are available below.
Other Grant Opportunities - See the Community Grant Finder (a central location to learn about state grant opportunities for cities and towns) and COMMBUYS (the Commonwealth's electronic procurement system) for other state opportunities.
CZM Grant Programs
- Coastal Resilience Grant Program - These CZM-administered grants to municipalities and nonprofit organizations advance innovative local efforts to address coastal flooding, erosion, and sea level rise impacts through communication and public outreach initiatives, vulnerability assessments, planning activities, engineering projects, and natural storm damage protection.
- Coastal Pollutant Remediation (CPR) Program - These grants, also administered by CZM, provide financial resources to municipalities located in the Massachusetts Coastal Watershed to assess and remediate stormwater pollution from paved surfaces and to design and construct commercial boat waste pumpout facilities.
- Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Program (CELCP) - This program provides federal funding for coastal and estuarine land conservation projects.
- Grant Programs of the National Estuary Programs (NEPs) administered by CZM
- Buzzards Bay Municipal Mini-Grant Program - These grants, administered by the Buzzards Bay National Estuary Program (BBNEP), provide funding to implement recommendations in the Buzzards Bay Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan to protect and restore water quality and living resources in Buzzards Bay and its surrounding watershed.
- MassBays Healthy Estuary Grant Program - These grants, administered by the MassBays National Estuary Program (MassBays), provide small grants to nonprofit organizations, academic institutions, and municipalities for projects that advance the goals of the MassBays Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan.
- CZM Grant Viewer - This interactive map provides information on these grants: CZM’s Coastal Resilience Grants and Coastal Pollutant Remediation (CPR) Grants, BBNEP grants and funding, and the MassBays Healthy Estuaries Grants. Pop-up boxes provide details on each grant award and information can be sorted by grant program, category (including Construction - Living Shoreline or Stormwater Infrastructure, Design & Permitting, Habitat Restoration, and Vulnerability Assessment), and year that mapped data are available.
Other State Coastal-Related Grants
- Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) Office of Grants and Technical Assistance - This website includes links to some of the major grant programs offered through EEA, along with links to other state and federal funding sources.
- Available Funding for Stormwater Projects - This table provides descriptions and links to additional information on federal and state grant and loan programs that fund stormwater and water quality projects in Massachusetts.
- Funding Opportunities for Coastal Managers - This page provides descriptions of and links to grants offered through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Office for Coastal Management.
- COMMBUYS - The Commonwealth of Massachusetts electronic procurement system - This site is the official procurement record system for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Executive Departments. All Requests for Responses are posted to this site.