This page, Department of Transitional Assistance disability access, is part of
This page, Department of Transitional Assistance disability access, is offered by

Department of Transitional Assistance disability access

Do you need help because of a disability? The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) can give you help called accommodations.

There are things you may need to do to get or keep your food or economic assistance benefits.

Some of the things we ask you to do are:

  • Read DTA notices we send and follow instructions in them
  • Fill out DTA forms
  • Get and give us documents to prove whether you can get benefits
  • Tell us about changes in your household/case
  • Meet deadlines

If you have a disability, some of these things may be hard for you to do. DTA can help you. Accommodations can make working with us easier. Any person with a disability can ask for an accommodation. 

What kind of help can I get?

These are examples of common accommodations:

  • We can get auxiliary aids for your appointments at DTA
  • We can remind you of DTA appointments
  • We can help you fill out DTA forms
  • We can explain DTA notices to you
  • We can also send DTA mail to another person if you want them to help you manage your case

You can also ask for other things.

How do I get an accommodation?

If you think you need help, just ask! If you are a SNAP applicant or recipient, call the DTA Assistance Line at (877) 382-2363. If you are an economic assistance (cash benefits) applicant or recipient, talk to your case manager.

We will ask you questions to find the accommodation that best meets your needs.

Client Assistant Coordinators (CAC)

Client Assistance Coordinators focus on helping our clients with disabilities. Each DTA office has a CAC that can help you. Sometimes, a CAC may need to review the accommodation you request. You may also want to speak with a CAC.

Additional Resources for