Who do I have to give notice to?
Notice must be given either by in-hand delivery or first-class ordinary mail to:
- Heirs at law;
- Devisees, including any devisee that is a charity (in the case of a devise to an existing trust or trustees, or to a trustee or trust established by the will, the trust or trustee is the devisee and the beneficiaries are not devisees);
- Any person having a higher or equal right to appointment not waived in writing and filed with the division;
- Any PR of the decedent whose appointment has not been terminated;
- The Attorney General of Massachusetts, if there is no spouse or heir at law of the decedent or if any devisee is a charity;
- A conservator or guardian appointed to represent a spouse, heir at law or devisee who is an incapacitated person, protected person, or a minor, and the person represented regardless of age; AND
- Any other person as the petitioner elects.