Instructions: Petition for Grandparent(s) Visitation court form

Instructions and information to help you complete this form.

Petition for Grandparent(s) Visitation form

See G.L. c. 119, Section 39D for more information.

Documents to file with this petition

  • Affidavit of Care and Custody. This form is also available at the courthouse.
  • If there has been a judgment of paternity, file a copy of the judgment/order.
  • An affidavit describing how the grandparent(s) are involved with the grandchild(ren) and what their relationship is like, and a description of how the children will be negatively impacted if there is no visitation.
  • Lawyers must file a Uniform Counsel Certification.

There is no filing fee for this petition.

Service of petition

Follow Massachusetts Rules of Domestic Relations Procedure Rule 4 to serve the petition on the respondents.

Help Us Improve with your feedback